It's A Pleasure Training and Crimson Acres offers a horse training internship for qualified applicants who are considering a career in the equine industry, an equestrian lifestyle or are looking to fulfill college requirements. This is a great opportunity for individuals to further their riding skills, training techniques and teaching abilities, as well as, general horse care knowledge and stable management skills by working directly with the trainers, barn managers, horse owners, clients, and other equine professionals. Gaining real world experience of running an equine business in a friendly, honest and reputable program.
Our farm is a full-time, year round, family based operation which offers training, lessons, boarding, clinics and sales. Our two facilities consist of over 60 horses representing a variety of breeds, ages and experience. The intern program can provide individuals a chance to explore different avenues of the horse industry and allows for flexibility to adjust the program to fit your needs.
Housing can be arranged if needed and reliable transportation is helpful but not necessary. Length of internship can be determined based on the interns needs and schedule. Link for application can be found at bottom of the page.
Typical duties may include:
- Grooming, saddling, wrapping
- Warm up & cool down of horses
- Participating in lessons to further riding skills
- Exercising horses, sale horse prep
- Round penning
- Starting horses under saddle & in harness
- Working clinics and competitions as well as participating in clinics
- Stall cleaning, turnout, feeding and general barn duties
- First aid care
- Paddock and ring maintenance
- Assisting with breeding program
- Assisting vet, farrier, dentist, chiropractor, etc.
- Working directly with clients
- Assisting Instructors, creating lesson plans
- Teaching lessons under supervision
Please contact us with any questions or for more information on the program.